Our Building

Our church building was originally erected by the Methodist Church in 1878 and extended in 1885. It replaced an earlier, but smaller, Methodist chapel on the site that had been built in 1805. Apparently, with the old pew seating and the upper gallery in use the extended building could seat 600 people.

The Methodist Church sold the building to the Evangelical Free Church in 1947.

        

 

1914-1918 War Memorial

There is a brass war memorial plaque fixed to the old pulpit in the main worship space. It gives the names of 18 men of the Methodist Church congregation who died in the 1914-1918 First World War.